Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stuffed Snapper with Grilled Fennel and Zucchini


Here's a brand new recipe my husband put together this evening. Well, new to us. The flavours in this dish were so fresh and the fennel in the stuffing complements the fish like you wouldn't believe. My husband is the king at blowing me away with meals like this. Before we ate he commented that he hoped it turned out. I didn't have a doubt in my mind!

When eating from a whole fish, it's actually quite fun to share it off the same plate and just pick at it. That's what we did. It reminded my husband of when he was in Portugal, where they would just throw a whole fish on the plate and serve as-is.

To make this heavenly meal, my husband mix together some bread crumbs, chopped fennel stalk (use the stalk for this, you'll get more flavour from it), a couple cloves of chopped garlic, olive oil and lemon. Make 3 to 4 slits along the side of the red snapper, a little deeper near the head, and stuff each slit with the stuffing mixture. Ensure the fish is gutted and stuff the inside as well. Throw it on the bbq along with some fennel and zucchini. Honestly, a recipe to die for. And although pretty easy to make, is very impressive.

4 comments:

Marysol said...

crazy crazy yum... and i want the red chair in the back. we've had an eye on those forever.

i will put snapper on my list for next week!

Rachelle said...

they are so comfy!

caroline said...

I'm new on your blog but this looks fabulous. I'll keep checking in for sure.

Rachelle said...

Glad you've enjoyed it this far! I'm on holidays right now but the posts should start up again about mid week.