Monday, March 16, 2009

Elysian Seafood Trio


Ok, I made up the title of this dish. Cheesy as it may sound, it's the best word I could find to describe this exceedingly delightful meal. My husband made up this dish and I hope to god he makes it again soon. I love seafood more than anything. To call this a trio is even downplaying the decadence found within, since there's actually a fourth in the mix. My husband purchased some crab stuffed squid from Hartman’s (they often have some pretty good fish to choose from), some salmon and fresh shrimp. He topped the salmon in maple mustard and seared it along with the squid for 4 minutes. Afterward, he added the shrimp and broiled them in the oven for 5 minutes. He served these alluring treats on sticky rice and asparagus, and topped everything with a chicken, mustard and sesame broth that added the perfect amount of flavour – just enough so as to not mask the superb flavour of each individual fish. I can't say enough about this dish, from the crab stuffing to the broth to the combination of each ingredient. Sheer bliss.

No comments: