Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Lieutenant’s Pump


This used to be one of our regulars. It still kind of is but we don't make it there as often anymore. It's a great place to meet up with friends, especially if you're going to be a large group. And if you live in the area you can pretty much guarantee you'll run into someone you know on a Friday or Saturday night. The food is your traditional pub food and is always very consistent. I don't eat there that often but when I do i'm never disappointed. Their lunch menu is great, as is their dinner menu. And they have great brunch on Saturday and Sunday, which is what I had today. I ordered the Eggs Portugaise with potato pancakes, tomato and basil hollandaise. It was great. I also had a bite of my husband's Garden Frittata – basil pesto, chicken, eggs, peppers, onion and cheese. It too was good. The service was efficient and we were able to get a table for 6 no problem. Shortly after however, the lineups at the door started. Breakfast prices range from $4.95 to $12.95. For finger foods and soups, the prices range from $3.95 to $18.95, and mains from $6.50 to $18.95.

No comments: