Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ricotta, Gorgonzola and Mascarpone Mezze Lune Ravioli with Shellfish Stuffed Cod and Green Beans


The week my husband was away (the one where I had to fend for myself and my friends came to the rescue), he actually had someone cook HIM dinner (sadly a rarity even for the most deserving man on earth). Our friends Hiep and Susan introduced him to the new PC ravioli, imported from Italy. He had seen it at the grocery store before but found it pricier than other brands. After that dinner, he knew why and had to share his discovery. The egg pasta is nice and thin, not heavy or overly starchy. It also stays together really well when you cook it. And the choices available are fun too, mushroom, spinach and pumpkin to name a few. 


Tonight we had the ricotta, gorgonzola and mascarpone variety. It was delish! I love ravioli to begin with but I always get so uncomfortably full. The thinness of the pasta is really quite nice, and makes what's inside even more discernible than traditional, thick pasta. One package is the perfect amount for 2 (even 3) side dishes and costs $4.99. With it, my husband served a delightful stuffed cod that he picked up at Hartman's. The mild shellfish stuffing completed the light cod and made what would have been a good fish, great. He also served some green beans drizzled with lemon juice. Another exceptional meal to add to my list. 

No comments: