Friday, March 6, 2009

Kit Kat Bar and Grill – Toronto


I had dinner at a friend of mine’s staple last night, the Kit Kat Bar and Grill. It’s a quaint little restaurant on King Street in the theatre district of Toronto with a small, welcoming bar mid way through the restaurant. I mention the bar because the first time I went was just for drinks and 4 of us had the bar to ourselves, which was great. It’s quite narrow as you walk through the restaurant but once seated it’s very nice. We had a booth at the back where it opens up a bit more but still has that cozy feel. I started off by ordering some of their house Chianti. I’m a big fan of Chiantis but unfortunately their house wine was not what I should have gone with. They have such an extensive wine list outside of that I could have easily picked something better. I’ll know for next time! My appetizer was a great choice tho. I had the Beef Carpaccio. It was served with some parm shavings on top and over a bed of greens. For my main I had one of their many specials, the Cornmeal Crusted Mahi Mahi with smoked halapeno beurre blanc served on wild rice with mushroom and veg. That dish was fantastic. The cornmeal on the fish was so light and complimented the fish so well. It was cooked to perfection. The rice was also very flavourful and with the mushroom mixed in made for the perfect side. The service was ok. Our server didn't know much about wine, which surprised me given the list they had. But I really enjoyed the food. I found this one very difficult to rate. I was torn between a 2 and 3 star rating. If it was only about the food they would have gotten 3 for sure. Unfortunately the service brought it down slightly. Still good! Just not worthy of a 3. This is however, a great spot to go for an easy night out where you know what you're going to get and it's going to be good. Apps range from $5.95 to $8.95 and mains from $13.95 to $37.95.


Kit Kat on Urbanspoon

No comments: