Sunday, October 4, 2009

Beau’s Oktoberfest Party


This is the second year in a row that I biked to Beau's Oktoberfest party. Last year was much cooler but this year was a lot more windy. So the combination of the tail end of my cold and the extra effort fighting against the wind made the beer that was patiently waiting for me that much more delicious. My friend Phil and I arrived to our spouses who were ready, beer in hand. And that beer was exactly what we needed to re-energize.

As we sipped, I mean, downed our Oktoberfest beers, another surprise showed up – a yummy sausage from the Piggy Market with the most amazing sauerkraut and mustard concoction. The spices used in the mixture just screamed fall and warmed me instantly.

What a different turn of events over last year! There were probably about 20-30 people last year. This year, thousands. Or at least it seemed like thousands! Not only was their guest of honour George Wendt (I've never seen my husband more happy than he was getting his picture taken with him), the food choices were amazing. Allium, Domus, Murray Street, Urban Pear and the Whalesbone, just to name a few, were all there! They even had buses from Ottawa shuttling people in. Definitely THE event of the weekend. Looking forward to next year's bash!

4 comments:

Steve Beauchesne said...

We were absolutely shocked by the turnout...we had been all worried before hand that turnout would be low because of the poor weather and the distance from Ottawa. Wow - next year we'll have 3 times the food and 5 times the ticket and beer servers!

Thanks for coming out! I'm glad you had a good time and we'll see you next year...

Rachelle said...

We figured as much given the lineups!! I guess that's what happens when you make awesome beer and know how to plan a party!

Asha at beFOODled said...

Hi Rachelle, thanks for your comment on my blog. You must be in great shape to have biked to Oktoberfest from Ottawa! I'm sure it must have worked off those extra beer calories ;)

Rachelle said...

Definitely! I can't even describe how much better beer tastes after a ride like that.