Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mushroom Ravioli with Homemade Tomato, Italian Sausage and Mushroom Sauce


My friend Amy made a tomato sauce from scratch this past week and she was so proud of it that she gave me some to try.

I figured a special sauce such as this one required some quality pasta, so I picked up some fresh mushroom ravioli from Nicastro's (I know, I said I'd do my best to shop elsewhere but it's so darn convenient!).

The sauce was indeed amazing. You could taste the freshness of the tomatoes that were used. The little chunks of Italian sausage and thick slices of mushrooms gave it a rich texture, and the perfect amount of spiciness gave it a lovely kick but not so much that it overpowered the magnificent flavours of the ingredients within.

Thanks Amy! Had this for lunch today and have more for my lunch tomorrow!

No comments: