Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crêpe Complète


My husband used to eat these daily when he lived in France. Tonight he decided to make them for dinner – YUMMMMM. I love these kinds of dishes for dinner! It's deceiving though, they look all light and fluffy, but you get filled up pretty fast, especially with the cheese and ham.

My husband whisked together 1 cup of flour, 2 eggs, 1 cup of whole milk, 2tbs butter and a bit of salt. We don't have a crepe pan so my husband used a wok. Cook the batter while turning it to coat all sides of the wok. Continue turning it until it's all thinned out. Add one egg and scramble it in the pan, then spread it out thinly over the crepe. Add sliced ham and mozzarella. Fold over twice. He said it was easy. I don't think I'd ever attempt it without a crepe pan. My husband's so great at stuff like this, the crepe was perfectly golden and the cheese just oozed out the end. I couldn't ask for anything better.

We even used the best eggs – Bekings Farm eggs that we picked up at Aubrey's.

No comments: