Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rhubarb Preserve


About a month ago when I was having dinner with my friends Amy and Andrew, they served me a cheesecake for dessert that they topped with a homemade rhubarb preserve. This sweet mixture screams fall with it's combination of spices and would be the perfect thing on toast as a snack in the middle of the afternoon.

I had spent the night at their place on Friday and when I woke up Saturday morning, a scrambled egg and mushroom concoction was waiting for me along with toast and this jar of heavenly goodness. I must have made it quite clear how much I enjoyed the stuff because they sent me home with a container full! YUM!!!

Andrew, you'll have to thank your dad for me. I've been eating a lot of toast (sourdough from the Green Door) just so I can have some. I think I may try it with cheese next...

No comments: