Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pho Thi Fusion


I have to start by apologizing for the lack of posts lately. We finally finished the last of our turkey yesterday so things should be getting back to normal now.

My husband and I went to Barrhaven on Friday night to have dinner with friends. This is the first time I've ever eaten outside of my centretown bubble. I have to say I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to my area of town and prefer not to venture too much outside of it. But I was pleasantly surprised when we had dinner here.

Once you're inside you quickly forget that you just drove through a strip mall parking lot to get there. The decor is very modern and inviting. And within seconds you notice the beauty of the plates being delivered to the tables – the presentation is fantastic.

My friends ordered the pho, it's their usual and they're very happy with it. I started off with the Wonton Soup made with minced pork and shrimp. It was very nice. I also got to try my friend's Rice Paper Wraps served with a roasted peanut garlic dip, fresh and yummy.

My main was the best tho, vegetarian Pad Thai. I love pad thai and rarely go to a thai restaurant without ordering it, so I've had a lot of different variations. I have to say that this is one of my favourite. It had the perfect amount of spice and the veggies were cooked to perfection.

The service was good. Apps range between $5.25 and $15, mains from $7.95 and $16. It's a pretty busy spot so I recommend making a reservation if you can. They don't take them on Friday or Saturday nights but the tables turnaround fairly quickly and the wait is never too long. If I ever have to eat in Barrhaven again, this is where I'll be going!


Pho Thi Fusion on Urbanspoon

No comments: