Monday, January 4, 2010

Tourtière Served with Turneeto and Beet Greens


Ok yes, we made that word up. But the cute little striped thing on my plate is a mixture of turnip, beet and potato – Turneeto! What better way to enjoy your winter vegetables? And my husband cooks them perfectly, the beet and turnip firm and flavourful, the potato just a bit softer. A little butter and salt to add to the yumminess.

Alongside my turneeto is some leftover tourtière – to die for, and some healthy beet greens.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought you were keeping some for me?! :-)

Rachelle said...

haha! this was one that we had eaten half the pie before Christmas and then put it in the freezer for when we got back!

Unknown said...

well I guess Ryan i'll have to make another one when we visit next time. Who says tourtiere is only for the holidays.

Rachelle said...

yeah!!!

Unknown said...

mmm Tourtiere! I'm craving many things these days, now I have to add Tourtiere to my list!! :)